Thursday, October 1, 2009

House Hunters


Breakfast today started out as a new creation to spice things up a bit. I was sort of in a rut with cereal, banana and PB everyday. So I decided an apple would be better since its finally OCTOBER! I also put some pineapple, kashi go lean and a couple Peanut Butter chips, so good. More late on what kind of apple it was!!






















The new Cinnamon Raisin Swirl has not dissapointed. I love
chunks of raisins and the cinnaminny (sp?) taste all wit the pb!







And here is the 1st gem of the day. I got this package from my parents yesterday. It has some Luna products, oatmeal packets, salsa and the newest creation of apple from the University of Minnesota, SWEET TANGO. It's so amazing, born just like the honeycrisp we all love. The U of M has created another masterpiece. Probably only sold in Minneapolis, but keep an eye out near you for this gem!




My second package of the day was from Heart Thrive and I was really excited to finally try these.

From the company they say "Heart Thrives are a delicious, vegan and non-gmo energy bar. Made with oats, soy and dried fruits, each Heart Thrive supplies 30% daily protein, fiber and calcium. Heart Thrives aremade from ingrediants with a low glycemic indexthat metabloze slowlyproviding sustained energy for hours."

Thank you again to Mark at the Heart Thrive Company for letting me sample these amazing cakes. The flavors are awesome.

As for the title of this post my hubby and I have been looking at houses. We only looked at 4 but its very overwelming and I don't really know what I want for sure and what we can afford, even though every house in Iowa is so cheap!

Hopefully in the next 2 weeks we will have picked one out and put in an offer. We want to be in a house of our own for the Holidays.

11 comments:

homecookedem said...

Your cereal looks great! I really need to start adding pineapple to my cereals and oatmeal bowls more often!!

What a sweet mom you have to send you foodie goodies!! Sweet Tango is such a fun name for an apple!! :)

Rachel said...

I have to get some of those peanut butter chips. They look delicious in your cereal!

Glad you are enjoying the cinnamon raisin, I know I'm enjoying the white chocolate. I've GOT to stop eating it out of the jar, though!

House hunting is tough. It took me forever to find mine. The price of homes here is ridiculous, though - that's why I only have a townhouse :) I hope to move to somewhere more reasonable in the next few years, guess then the hunt will start again.

That package from your mom is so nice, and those Heart Thrive cakes look soo good, enjoy!!

Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries said...

mmm sister to the honeycrisp! i need to try these sweet tangos!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, did you say a COUPLE PB chips? ;-)

Sarah said...

I am working on my first jar of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl and I LOVE it! Perfect combination of sweet and salty!

Anonymous said...

So jealous of the Heart Thrive package! I've been wanting to try those. Can't wait to hear what you think!

brandi said...

i hope the house hunting goes well!

what fun packages :) I LOVE that peanut butter. so good.

Erica said...

House hunting for the first time is scary! You guys will find something you love though and it will be worth all of the stresses :)

Great packages! Super jealous of the apples.

Holly said...

good luck with the house hunting girl! yay for heart thrives - they are especially yummy all warmed up in the microwave!

have a wonderful weekend leianna!

Paige@ Running Around Normal said...

Your cereal creation looks great! I love that PB Swirl - it's my favorite from them :)

lynn said...

yummy package of those heart thrives - i've seen them all over the blogs but never in the stores!