Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

It's raining afain here in NW Iowa and they are already predicting snow this Sunday:(
So definetely needed some more PUMPKIN OATS this morning.
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • pumpkin
  • brown sugar
  • pumkin pie spice
  • banana on top and on side

Close up on this amazing goodness, I hope I don't ever get sick of this because it's so tasty and stays in my tummy FOREVER:)
I went for a 4 mile run at the gym and stetched my hamstrings, so sore.


Lunch was a Sweet Tango apple and a Whole Berry Blast Probar. I was still really full from the oatmeal, a good thing but hopefully not to hungry at work because never enought time to eat alot.

2 more nights of work, so tired! We were short last night because the flu hit NW Iowa like crazy. So last night I had to work extra to make up for that, which equals more knee pain since I'm on my feet all night. Hopefully I can rest them for a while and might need to ice them and start wearing my ACE bandage again. We'll see!
What breakfast foods fill you up for hours?



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh those pumpkin oats look AMAZING! Very festive for Fall :)I loveee scrambled eggs, bacon, and an apple for bfast. Homestyle breakfasts just make me a happy camper! Having Protein powder pancakes are also a great way to keep the energy up in the morning.

Rachel said...

Those pumpkin oats definitely look incredible. I love breakfast, it is my favorite meal of the day. I love pancakes the most - also waffles and french toast. I haven't been eating many oats lately because it is still hot here, but as it starts to cool down I definitely will.

Yay for moving to wordpress! I hope your hubby is feeling better.

What marathon do you think you are going to train for? I am going to look for my next one soon...

Meganerd said...

Pumpkin oats are awesome! Really any oatmeal toppings, like nut butters especially really keep me full. I also like eggs and toast!

Angharad (Eating for England) said...

It's tried and true but anything full of protein is bound to keep me full - scrambled eggs on toast with maybe a little fruit and yogurt on the side. It's a big breakfast but it keeps me full for hours and hours so I end up skipping my usual mid-morning snackage! Ugh to the rain and double ugh to the snow! wtf. It's raining cats and dogs here too...

homecookedem said...

Pumpkin oats are the best b/c like you said they're filling and TASTY! :)

Homemade egg muffin sandwiches fill me up the most! I need to eat them for b-fast more often!!

lynn said...

yay pumpkin oats! i find that egg dishes fill me up forever.

brandi said...

oatmeal definitely fills me up!

predicting snow already?!? that's crazy!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I definitely need to try those pumpkin oats!!

A big bowl of oat bran with banana, flax, raisins, and walnuts fills me up for a long time!

Holly said...

mmmmmm pumpkin oats are the best!