Monday, September 14, 2009

Bowl of Deliciousness

So I slept in this morning until 8am, I just love working nights and getting to sleep in!
I started this morning with a very ripe banana and some Hawaiian buns. I love Hawaiian buns, great carbs, although white bread.

So soft and chewy, fueled my 7 mile run this morning around the golf course! So refreshing to havea great morning run.
I then hung around with the hubby, it's his last day of freedom until work starts tomorrow, he's excited to finally have a releaxing job!

I then had a canteloupe bowl with cottage cheese and granola. I got 2 of these bowl for $1.29 each, it was the only good produce at my small Iowa grocery store! It was so good, and no picture all put together because I was so hungry from my run!



I love how they cut these canteloupes with the ridges!
Rest of the day includes work from 2-9:30pm and I'm in need of some serious stretching, maybe trying yoga for the first time?
What's your favorite stretching techniques, regular stretching or something like Yoga?
Being a runner, I know the importance of stretching, I just never do it! Bad runner:)
P.S. Don't forget about my First Giveaway, you have until Friday, September 18th @ 8am (Central time)!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Yoga! I love it because they MAKE you stretch! I'm a bad runner too with the stretching aspect!!

Emily said...

Omg, I love hawaiian bread! Have you ever seen those big loafs and then you can cut out the middle and put a dip in there and then use the leftover chunks to dip in it?!! My mom used to make that a lot to take to parties!! I might ask her to make it this holiday season sometime...

I love yoga, but don't do it as much as I should!!

Paige@ Running Around Normal said...

Great job on the 7 miles!

My favorite stretch is Sun Salutations

lynn said...

y'know what's weird - i LOVE stretching but i rarely do it long enough. so i balance it out with yoga once a week-ish....

brandi said...

ooh, i love hawaiian bread! I haven't had it in a while.

i love yoga better than just stretching. I DO stretch after running, but probably not as much as I should.

Pam (Highway to Health) said...

I just found your blog and love it!

I don't stretch nearly as much as I should after running. Maybe I should put a time limit on myself!