Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Heat Is On!

This is my second attempt at making this post, how frustrating with Blogger!

Anyways on to eats and all. My lunch of a green monster. I'm still experimenting with my ingredient list and all so this yet another try at it. In this one is:
  • Spinach
  • Almond Milk
  • Frozen Banana
  • Flaxseed
  • Ripe Nectarine
  • Frozen Mango

The frozen mango on top added at the end because I like more of a sweetness taste.
End Result = It was okay, not like just a normal fruit smoothie, but I could get used to it and I have to keep telling myself of the added nutrition of SPINACH!

I only drank half because of how filling these can be and I don't like to be stuffed at all. So half I put in my husbands Chicago Bears cup, in the freezer for later in the week!


The view from the top, kind of blurry (studpid camera again) but so creamy and good!


Dinner was leftover chicken burger on a bed of salad greens, sliced tomato, and unpictured ranch almond slices nad poppyseed dressing. It was a perfect ending to this hot day!
Anyone else get heat headaches? I guess thats my body saying more rest and water chugging!
What's your favorite NFL team if you follow them?
My answer: As you see above the Bears are my husbands favorite team! But me growing up in MN, Vikings all the way. And I also have a sweet spot for the Kansas City Chiefs because I worked for them for 2 summers!


4 comments:

Healthy Beach Bum said...

That frozen mango looks yummy! Sorry it didn't taste that good :( I've still never tried a GM... which means I better get on it asap! lol. I'm from the Tampa area so we are Bucs fans.. even though they have been horrible these past few seasons lol. Maybe with a new coach....

Anonymous said...

Mmm that looks so gooey and delicious!! I haven't tried spinach in my GMs yet but you may have just inspired me to get adventurous! Favorite NFL team has gotta be the Patriots being from New England and all :) (Don't tell my boyfriend, he's a HUGE Giants fan!! haha)

Anonymous said...

That green smoothie looks so good! I've been wanting to try some frozen fruit other than banana in mine.

Angharad said...

So it definitely rained on my parade as you kind of predicted! Your smoothie looks amazing!!
NFL=no thank you!