Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hitting the Road to Northwest Iowa

When I came home today in the rain again, I needed to pack for Iowa quick and then I snacked on some Fage Peach, a real peach and some peanut butter mixed in! I have to say the Fage was even more amazing than the original and glad I found it at Cub last night and got 2!


I've seen other flavors on other blogs, but this is my favorite so far.
I then ran 4 miles on the treadmill to loosen my legs before they are stuffed in a car for 4 hours!
A little more packing and waiting for a husband and then we are off to sit in traffic before getting out of the city and on the open road to Iowa.
I plan to drink this tea that I also found at Cub last night. I've seen it on Meghann's blog and I was excited that I finally found it!

I hope to be regularly blogging in Iowa, but taking pictures with the wonderful Blackberry because my camera is officially gone:(

I plan on giving a tour of Orange City, Iowa and what it offers and is about. A quick preview includes:

  • windmills
  • a historic downtown
  • tulips
  • hometown college

Have you ever been to a cute, unique small town?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you from Orange City? I'm from SE Iowa, right on the Mississippi. So, yeah, I live in a cute, unique, small town!

Holly said...

have soooo much fun in iowa! good for you on challenging yourself to not bring your scale - you can do it!

i need to find that tea...mint + green tea is one of my fave combos! i am also loving that cinnamon roll lara - #2 fave.

happy weekend!

http://thehealthyeverythingtarian.wordpress.com

Angharad said...

Have an awesome time in Iowa! Good plan getting some leg-loosening in beforehand!