Monday, August 24, 2009

Lemony Goodness

I introduce to you Lemon Lavender Cupcakes from Shape Magazine, which I get every month compliments of my husbands aunt! I love anything lemon so this was a no-brainer and I knew I would love it!

  • Start with 1 cup white, whole-wheat or all-purpose flour in a bowl.
  • Add 1 1/2 teaspoons dried lavender buds, roughly chopped.
  • Add 1 teaspoon baking powder.
  • Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and set this "dry" bowl to the side.
  • In a stand mixer add 3 tablespoons unsalted butter and 3/4 cup sugar.
  • Add 1 large egg, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon lemon zest.
  • Add 1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk. Beat all this together and then slowly add dry mixture.
  • Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 24-26 minutes @ 350 degrees.
For the icing:
  • Mix together 1 cup loosely packed confectioner's sugar, 5 teasppons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon zest and fresh lavender for a garnish!
This is the finished product!



With the icing on my plate. I loved it, so amazing and I would definetely make it again!






4 comments:

Erica said...

mmmm I love lemon too! These sound great and not too too sweet.

Anonymous said...

Oooh yum! I paused at that recipe in the magazine! They look delish! Thanks for reminding me about them :)

lynn said...

how lovely!

Anonymous said...

What an intersting combination.