I introduce to you Lemon Lavender Cupcakes from Shape Magazine, which I get every month compliments of my husbands aunt! I love anything lemon so this was a no-brainer and I knew I would love it!
- Start with 1 cup white, whole-wheat or all-purpose flour in a bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons dried lavender buds, roughly chopped.
- Add 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and set this "dry" bowl to the side.
- In a stand mixer add 3 tablespoons unsalted butter and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add 1 large egg, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon lemon zest.
- Add 1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk. Beat all this together and then slowly add dry mixture.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 24-26 minutes @ 350 degrees.
- Mix together 1 cup loosely packed confectioner's sugar, 5 teasppons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon zest and fresh lavender for a garnish!