Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Runners High

Lets start with dinner last night, which was grilled zuchini. I soaked it in olive oil, garlic, and soy sauce. I love the grill marks and the taste is so good!
And this morning. My camera battery died as I was trying to take a picture of it. It was oatmeal, banana and cashew butter! I just can't get enough of this breakfast. I now love oatmeal:)
When I got home from work today I had some lemon sorbet. It's dairy free and sort of like ice cream, so it fueled my 6-7 mile run. Don't know the stats for sure because I dropped my iPod and can't use my Nike trainer thing anymore.
I think I might need to ask for a new iPod for my birthday coming up! (August 30th:)
During my run I got whisteled at and heckled a bit. Does this happen to anyone else? I get it almost everytime I run. I just kind of laugh to myself and go on. It happened more when I was in college with immature college students all around! HAHAHA!

Dinner was a favorite in this household: STIR-FRY

  • Frozen Veggies
  • Leftover chicken
  • Leftover grilled zuchinni
  • Soba noodles
  • Stir-fry packet of seasonings

It was so delicious and leftovers are a plenty!

I'm off to read and comment on some blogs and then get ready for our Iowa guests!

Leianna



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grilled zucchini is awesome! Especially when you can do it on the panini grill. so easy!

Angharad said...

Hey Leianna! I shop at Rainbow for cheap eats and The Wedge coop for lovely organics. The Wedge is where I found the Oikos but they also have it at Lunds in Uptown.
You should check out The Wedge sometime - their bulk section is a delight!!

Yay for that stir fry btw - delish!